Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Last Blog

- Had you ever used a blog before attending RTF 305? IF SO, WHAT WAS ITS FOCUS?
Nope. Before RTF 305 I never used a blog.

- What were the positive aspects of using the blogs in the course?

The blogs were a simple way to write about class material. Also, they felt more relevant in a class about media than say a paper.

- What difficulties did you encounter in using the blogs? (both technical and conceptual)

The blog prompts were almost predictable and boring to a point that doing the blogs seemed worthless. Like... I feel like I did the same prompt over TV a few times.

- If you had difficulties in using the blog, how were you able to overcome the difficulties you encountered?

I didn't really have technical diffulcities at all.

- What types of blog prompts were more or less interesting or difficult? (provide an example and rationale)

Honestly I wound't say any were that interesting. They just were something do to. All of them were kind of forced and tedious. I wish they were more creative.

- Would you recommend using a blog in future course, either in RTF 305 and other undergraduate courses at UT-Austin? (explain why..)

I wouldn't recommend against it necessarily. I think it is better than a paper.. but at the same time the prompts definitely need to improve. If the prompts could be more engaging then I feel this tool could be very useful.

- What would you suggest to change or improve the blogging experience in the future?

I would hope that over time prompts become more engaging. The blogs have a lot of potential and I feel that one day they will be a really interesting tool for writing and such. Also, there shouldn't be prompts that require watching a movie. I know that a lot of students simply didn't have time for that.

 "Yes, you can use my blog in a paper or report". 



No more blogs! WOO! See you at review!

No comments:

Post a Comment